Monday, July 16, 2018

my worry jar

Chloe and I have learned that wedding planning can be stressful! It became evident early in her engagement that if I was going to be any help to Chloe, I was going to have to keep my own anxiety under control.

In May, Emily invited me to do an online bible study focused on worry. One of the devotionals suggested a "worry box."

"When Satan drives you to worry, write your worry down on a slip of paper.  Talk to the Lord and tell Him what you have written down and that you believe He is able to take care of whatever worries you put in the box." 

I decided to try it, so each wedding stress that felt beyond my control I wrote down on a slip of paper and put in a jar. I said a little prayer and committed to trust the Lord to help me and Chloe. After the wedding I looked through the jar and every worry was a blessing.



One of my worries was what I was going to wear.  Finally the week of the wedding I walked into a shop and found a skirt. The only skirt of it's kind in the store and it just happened to be my size. Then I needed a blouse . . . walked into Kohls and there hanging on a random rack was the perfect blouse.






Chloe & Connie
at a wedding shower Connie hosted 

When Chloe was a teenager, her piano teacher, Connie, had her learn to play "Consider the Lilies" and preform it on several occasions.  Chloe's wedding was an extension of that lesson learned long ago . . . Heavenly Father is mindful of the details.



No comments:

Post a Comment

positive comments welcome