On Friday I had a conversation with my favorite resident at the Assisted Living Center where I work. I told June that I have a daughter getting married and asked her advice on being a mother-in-law. She asked if there was a problem; I assured her there wasn't, we love our future son-in-law and have a positive relationship. "Then what are you worried about?" With her signature wit and wisdom she said that worrying is a waste of energy, when a challenge does arise simply trust in divine help.
The following morning I got up at 6:30 as I have every Saturday morning for over three years. I never sleep well on Friday night, I'm always worried that I will sleep through my alarm (which has never happened) and be late for work. I wake often, looking at the clock afraid the alarm will go off.
I realize I live my life always waiting for an alarm to go off; watching time go by and trying to preemptively turn off an alarm before it rings. My friend June is right . . . wasted energy worrying. I have never met someone with such remarkable faith. I know countless people whose faith allows them to overcome trials and adversity, but June is different, her complete confidence in the Savior's help allows her to live each day with true joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment
positive comments welcome