Wednesday, April 19, 2017

daily devotional

A couple weeks ago in Sacrament meeting a speaker shared how she had once been encouraged by a Stake President to have a daily devotional. The idea resonated with me and I contemplated what a devotional would look like for me. I decided my morning devotional should include a song, a prayer and reading from the Book of Mormon as President Monson counseled in April Conference. For the past several days I have selected a Hymn or Primary Song to listen to before I open the scriptures. It has been a wonderful addition to my day. I find myself humming the tune and thinking of the words all day. I have been inspired by lyrics I never noticed before. I have an increased testimony of the words spoken to Emma Smith, "the song of the righteous is a prayer unto the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment

positive comments welcome