Sunday, July 31, 2016
a perfect brightness of hope
Soon after we moved into the ward, David and I were called to serve as Youth Conference Coordinators. We have been preparing for months; and for months I have been up in the night worrying about all the details. Well this week we had our Youth Conference and on the last night when it was all over, and all had gone well, I lay in bed with new worries circling my mind. I gave myself a good scolding for worrying and then pondered the scripture theme from our Youth Conference. 2 Nephi 31:20. Press forward with steadfastness in Christ having a perfect brightness of hope. . . It occurred to me that worry is the opposite of hope. As I lay awake I thought about the story of Mary and Martha in the Bible. Martha is "careful and troubled about many things" the footnotes teach us that Martha was a worrier. I, like Martha, need to remember that "one thing is needful" and I should always choose "that good part" I think the good part is hope. A perfect brightness of hope that comes as we press forward with a steadfastness in Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
positive comments welcome