Sunday, June 19, 2016

father's day reflections

Years ago, when I was just a little girl, my Dad was invited to speak at a PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) Rally in Salt Lake City.  It was pretty cool to see my Dad speak from the same podium as Zig Ziglar and Art Linkletter.  I don't remember Dad's speech, but I have countless memories of living with a father who has a Positive Mental Attitude.

In Dad's library are loads of books on positive thought.  His constant study and practice of positive thinking has been a blessing in my life.  It was my Dad who introduced me to Proverb 23:7 "For as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."  There are many treasured truths my Dad has taught me, but one of the most powerful, is that I can change my life by changing my thoughts.



My Dad's library is also filled with books on health.  I remember him offering me $100 dollars once if I could try his daily dose of brewers yeast without gagging. Of course I couldn't.  Dad's health regiment is every changing as he learns new and better ways to take care of his body, and at age 91, he still goes to the gym.

For the Strength of Youth teaches "Do all you can to safeguard your physical and emotional health so that you can fulfill your divine potential."  My Dad is the perfect example of this principle.  His commitment to healthy and positive living has allowed him to live fully and give meaningful service. I am so grateful for his example and the positive pattern he has provided for my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

positive comments welcome