Wednesday, October 1, 2014

mishaps, missions, & tender mercies

Sadie's Grandma Car
In May, Sadie was driving by the Mount Timpanogos Temple on her way to a church meeting when a women (headed to the temple) made an unsafe u-turn right into Sadie's beloved car. After much frustration working with the insurance company and the auto repair shop it was determined that the car would be totaled, and we reached a settlement. As it turned out, the money from the settlement, combined with Sadie's savings is just the amount needed to pay for her mission. Sadie has long wanted to serve a mission but was concerned that she did not have enough money to pay for it herself. Of course we are happy to support her, but it was important to her to make a significant sacrifice in order to contribute to her mission fund. Who knew that a totaled car and spending a summer without wheels would be the Lord's way of answering the desire of Sadie's heart.

This morning I went to the Temple seeking a blessing for Sadie. Her mission papers were submitted  and I wanted to make a prayerful request in the House of the Lord, that Sadie's assignment will allow her to flourish. So who should I run into but the woman who ran into Sadie's car. It may seem weird, but it was a tender mercy for me. Of all the people I could see, it is this random stranger who represents the Lord's love for Sadie. I chatted with this good sister and left the Temple with an assurance that the Lord is mindful of Sadie's needs and desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment

positive comments welcome