The afternoon knows what the morning never suspected.
--Robert Frost--
Today is my 49th birthday, and Robert Frost's word are a reflection of how I feel. I don't mind getting older. I'm grateful for the experience and wisdom that comes with each passing year. Age has given me the gift of courage. I am no longer afraid to ask questions, to expose vulnerability, to be myself. At age 49, my body has become my friend, and my mind is my biggest ally. I imagine that in years to come I may not look so fondly upon age, but today, I can honestly say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
| Me and my parents on my 49th Birthday |
Now let me fill you in on a little project I'll be working on this next year. I have made a list of 50 things I want to do in my 50th year. Some are big, some are small, but each is an opportunity to celebrate my life. I bought a little point and shoot camera and I'm super excited to document all of my adventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment
positive comments welcome