October is clergy appreciation month! So today I would like to say THANK YOU to the unpaid clergy who minister in my life. I'm married to the Bishop of our ward, so I see first hand the amount of time he spends serving the M-2 congregation. Dave had the past week and a half off work. Yesterday when he checked in at the hospital, his partner asked if he had been having fun. David didn't have the heart to tell him what a Bishop does with time off, let's just say. . . it was no vacation. I am grateful that David is worthy and willing to serve. He is a good man, who is deeply concerned for the welfare of the individuals in our ward. I know very little about what is going on in our ward, but I do know that each night our good Bishop kneels in prayer and silently pleads to know how he can be an instrument in the Lord's hands.
My mother once told me, "everyone has a Bishop but the Bishop's wife," When David and I are in the trenches of our own family concerns I miss having a Bishop to call on. Such was the case this week and in a moment of weakness, I reached out to our good Stake President. I was so grateful for his quick and compassionate response. Relief washed over me and I was comforted in knowing that someone out there is mindful of our family and willing to help in time of need.
For me, the blessing of Priesthood leadership is knowing that there is someone called and set apart to extend the Savior's love, to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
positive comments welcome