************
I know too many people whose life is consumed by should. Constantly angry because those around them do not behave the way they should. It's easy to see the darkness in their life and the pain in the lives of those around them who can never measure up. Anger is fueled by pride and it becomes more important to be right then it does to let go and be happy. I have looked at "those people" and said, I never want to be like that, then comes the painful realization . . . I am like that, or at least I can be.
Life is unfair and people don't always behave the way they should. When I focus on injustice I permit anger to become consuming and soon all I see is darkness. I have learned that I have to let go of what I think should be and just love what is. It's not easy and it's a daily battle, but I know that for me happiness comes through acceptance and gratitude.
"the strugle ends when gratitude begins." -- Neal Donald Walsh
No comments:
Post a Comment
positive comments welcome