Sometimes feelings of depression surface when I find myself basking in self-doubt.
I love the story of Hagar found in the book of Genesis. I relate to this woman who struggled to understand her role and find her place. I imagine that at times she wondered if she was good enough. I think she probably found herself asking: am I loved, am I valued, am I appreciated, am I noticed? At a particularly difficult time for Hagar an angel appears to instruct and reassure. It is at this point in the story that Hagar makes this powerful declaration "thou God seeth me." Empowered with the knowledge that God sees and hears her, Hagar has the courage and strength to move forward with her life.
I love that simple truth . . . God sees me! I am so grateful for my testimony of prayer. Through personal experience I have come to know that God hears me. I know that He notices my efforts and recognizes my pain. When I stop focusing on my doubts, insecurities, and weaknesses and focus on the strength of the Savior, I remember and am reassured that God sees and values me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
positive comments welcome