Friday, December 7, 2018

the cherished gift of a friend's kind words

I deactivated my facebook account months ago but this morning received a notification that I was mentioned in a post. When I revisited facebook I found this post from my friend Marci. We serve together on the Relief Society Activities Committee and we're partners in ministering. Marci's kind words are a cherished gift this holiday season and I wanted to save them.

For the Light the World challenge this week, I would like to focus on one of my new friends in our new neighborhood RaDawn. I wish I had a picture with her. That I don’t is so typical of her though. She quietly goes about “doing good” and magnifying her calling like no one I have ever observed! RaDawn was one of the first people at my doorstep to extend a warm welcome. She said to me once that she is “an introvert by nature, an extrovert by covenant.” She steps forward without fanfare and quietly gets things done, fills in the gaps where needed,even though she has a big calling already. “I can do that” is a familiar sentence out of her mouth. She doesn’t talk about herself. She’s genuinely interested in you. This last 4+ months of me being sick, she regularly checks on me. She has picked up the slack for me in my calling and helped me stay on track for our big Christmas activity last night. RaDawn is a gentle soul. She is kind. She is meek. She is calm. She is a disciple of Christ in all that she does. I am grateful for my new friend. I am grateful for her example of what it is to give Christlike service and love.  
#lighttheworld #dogood #Heisthereason


No comments:

Post a Comment

positive comments welcome