Friday, December 28, 2018

perfect world

I have had the blessing of working as a Teachers Assistant for Dr. H. He has inspired me, encouraged me and given me a vision for my future. One of the life lessons I have learned as I have graded assignments with Dr. H. is that mercy can be a more powerful teacher than justice. At our last meeting, Dr. H shared that his son had announced that he and his girlfriend were having a baby. He went on to say "It was such a sweet moment!" I was so surprised by the pure, sincere joy of this good man who is a faithful member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He went on to say that his wife later asked him "Are you a little sad they aren't married?" his response was "In a perfect world they would be married, but we don't live in a perfect world."

So often I am quick to judge according to celestial standards, forgetting that we don't live in a perfect world. What a gift for a child to have a parent who can love perfectly in an imperfect world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

positive comments welcome