This week I was reminded that the Lord truly looks upon the heart. I made a rough attempt to serve and show love and felt that I bumbled my way through. As I reflected on how I should have done things differently I felt the love of my Father in Heaven and His absolute delight in my attempt.
When our children were young I was thrilled by their first attempts to show affection. The dive bomb, slimy, puckerless kiss. I was so happy my baby was learning to love that I didn't mind the slobber and snot coating my cheek.
Sometimes my attempts to give and to serve are like those baby kisses - messy. I am grateful for the sweet assurance that the Lord recognizes my intent and delights in my attempt. I hope to be the kind of person who judges according to intent rather than impact. The kind of person who see messy, bumbled attempts to serve as baby kisses.

No comments:
Post a Comment
positive comments welcome