My Dad has been gone for a year now. Each time I visit my Mom, I find myself lingering for a moment in Dad's office. The space says so much about his character, values and priorities. On one of the shelves is a sign with our family motto NO EMPTY CHAIRS. I smiled the other day when I realized that there was always an empty chair in Dad's office. An empty chair beckoning - come in and sit awhile. I have so many cherished memories of sitting across from my Dad and just talking. He always had time. He always had space available in his life for me. I imagine heaven will feel like my Dad's office, and I am certain there is an empty chair saved for me. Tuesday, February 6, 2018
no empty chairs
My Dad has been gone for a year now. Each time I visit my Mom, I find myself lingering for a moment in Dad's office. The space says so much about his character, values and priorities. On one of the shelves is a sign with our family motto NO EMPTY CHAIRS. I smiled the other day when I realized that there was always an empty chair in Dad's office. An empty chair beckoning - come in and sit awhile. I have so many cherished memories of sitting across from my Dad and just talking. He always had time. He always had space available in his life for me. I imagine heaven will feel like my Dad's office, and I am certain there is an empty chair saved for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
positive comments welcome