Saturday, April 15, 2017

grandpa's nudge

As we were going through Dad's things I came across a business card. After Dad retired, it bothered him that he didn't have a card with his contact information to leave with people. So he and Mom had a card made up and printed in the center was the phrase HAPPINESS IS A CHOICE.

I gave the business card to Sadie and she posted it in her apartment bedroom. She recently shared with me that one day she was feeling particularly down. Her Grandpa's card suddenly fluttered off the wall and landed on her bed, she put it back in place and again the card fluttered into view.

This favorite photo was taken on the day Sadie returned from her mission.
My Dad was receiving blood transfusions at the time so we went straight from
the airport to the hospital so Sadie's Grandparents could welcome her home.


"Ok, Ok Grandpa, I'll be happy." Sadie responded to the gentle nudge.






No comments:

Post a Comment

positive comments welcome