This morning as I stood examining my appearance in our full length mirror I burst into tears and explained to my daughter "how do you decide what to wear to your father's funeral?"
There is much I could share about the passing of my Dad, but my feelings and experiences are so tender, so personal that for now I want to keep them close to my heart. I will say this . . . I have watched with wonder this week as my sweet Mother has found joy in sorrow. Today during the funeral services, I sat by my Mom and thought of my Dad. I had the sweet assurance that he was looking on with his signature grin. Suddenly the tears were gone and I was overcome with joy! My parents have taught me that living the gospel of Jesus Christ makes us happy. As I walked to the pulpit to share a brief history of Dad's life, I knew that it would be my smile, not my tears that would be the best reflection of my deep love and respect for Mom and Dad.

No comments:
Post a Comment
positive comments welcome