I find it significant that the longest relationships we will have in mortality are with our siblings.
Equally significant is that the titles we use to address one another in the church are Brother and Sister. It is the sibling relationships recorded in scripture that teach us so much about living the gospel of Jesus Christ. I think it's pretty clear that our sibling relationships are of tremendous importance to our our Father in Heaven.
| DSM-1 siblings Christmas 2011 |
I am convinced that Heavenly Parents hand selected our siblings. I watch as my children struggle through mortality and see with clarity that so many of the answers they seek, the lessons they need to learn, can be found within a sibling relationship.
I was once asked "What advice would you give your younger self?" Well, my advice to my younger self would be -- Make sibling relationships a priority. Build, strengthen and protect sibling relationships and help your spouse and children do the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment
positive comments welcome