Sunday, February 21, 2016

please won't you be my neighbor

Our young adult daughter recently found herself in a difficult situation with her off campus housing. For poor Chloe this was just one more blow in a long series of disappointments and frustrations. It was clear that Chloe needed some additional support, so I decided to contact the landlord. I called and left a message. No response. I wrote an e-mail. No response. Then as I was checking my e-mail to insure the message had been sent, I noticed the google profile up in the corner of my screen.

OH NO! NO! NO!
What are the chances . . . . . . . .

The nasty-gram I had sent to the landlord was in fact sent to our new next door neighbor. Being new on the street we don't know our neighbors very well and I had not put it together that the the manager of our daughters condo lives next door to us and the owner of the property lives two doors down.

AWKWARD!!!

It's interesting how fast things changed for me when the landlord became my neighbor. Suddenly rather than combat and complaints, I was thinking cooperation and cookies. A good friend helped me get through my panic and I was able to work it out with my neighbor.

Jesus was once asked the question "who is my neighbor"  The Savior answered the question with the parable of the Good Samaritan, and we learn through His gentle teaching that everyone is our neighbor, and we should treat them as ourselves.

Note to self . . . buy a WWJD wrist band.





No comments:

Post a Comment

positive comments welcome