Friday, November 6, 2015

the laundry room

This is our new laundry room! We are so excited about all the enclosed storage. Happy that it's close to the master bedroom and we don't have to walk through the entire house to put in a load of laundry. Thrilled it has a sink. AND best of all we love that we don't get banged in the butt when someone opens the door from the garage.

We went through the home a number of times before closing. We felt that we had explored every square inch. Never once did I notice that the cabinets on one side of the laundry room are one style and color and the cabinets on the other side are another.


Kind of like marriage . . .

While dating a couple sees only the good. Then, after the deal is sealed the newlyweds suddenly see the quirks, the inconsistencies, and begin to wonder . . . how did I miss that? Have I made a mistake?

With our house, as with a marriage, there is a choice to be made. Do I seek to change one side to conform to the other? Or do I celebrate the differences, embrace the quirks and throw away any concern of what others may think.

Not sure what I'm going to do about the laundry room cabinets, but I think I'll keep my hubby around just as he is, and I hope he keeps me ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

positive comments welcome