Sunday, November 29, 2015

the lamb

We debated whether to put up a tree this year.  We are celebrating Christmas at my parents and with half our stuff in one home and the other half in another, and both houses torn apart, we thought, "what's the point?" But this morning I decided to go ahead and put up the tree. As Emily and I unfolded the branches I found a little lamb, a forgotten ornament. I looked at the tiny missing nativity piece and the Spirit's whisper encouraged me to keep my focus on "The Lamb of God, the son of the Eternal Father, and the Savior of the world." - 1 Nephi 13:40







As I muddle through this messy life I have created, I'm grateful for the message of Jesus. He lives!  He is my Savior and my friend. It is through Jesus Christ that I am assured that nothing will be forgotten and there will be no missing pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

positive comments welcome