Monday, June 23, 2014

kate kelly

I just read the news that Kate Kelly, founder of a group that calls themselves "Ordain Women" was excommunicated. Although I do not seek for ordination and I disagree with Kelly's method for seeking change, I am grateful to her for asking the questions that have encouraged LDS women everywhere to learn and talk about the Priesthood. I am sad for Kelly, and I feel for the church leaders charged with making this difficult decision. I am confident that church doctrine supports gender equality. However, it has been my experience that in our homes and in our wards we do a poor job of understanding and teaching about the Priesthood. I also believe that both in and outside of the church, women are not valued to the extent God intended. As women we do not value ourselves, we fail to recognize our own power and potential and continue to look to man rather than God to understand who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

positive comments welcome