Sunday, March 16, 2014

joy

I recently read The Book Thief, and really liked it.  For me, the subtle theme of finding joy in dark times was woven throughout the story. Simple things brought joy . . . building a snowman in the basement, reading a book, feeling the sun on her face or describing the sky.

It seems all around us is doom and gloom and I desperately want happiness and hope in my life.  So my thoughts lately have been focused on how to find joy. I need to learn how to be happy and I need to teach my children how to be happy, regardless of our circumstances.



I was blessed to capture this image of Sadie at the St. Patrick's Day parade yesterday.  Her dance company reenacted an Irish battle as part of the legends parade theme.  Anyway, there it is . . . PURE JOY!

Regardless of the inner battles we each face, despite the darkness in the world around us, our Heavenly Father has promised us, even created us, to have joy! (2 Nephi 2:27)

This photo reminded me that as I look up to the Son and allow His light to brighten my thoughts I can experience joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

positive comments welcome