Sunday, February 23, 2014

a worthy son

The deep hurt in my heart erupted into quiet sobs and I sat in my Relief Society meeting silently pleading for the Lord's comfort. It was suggested during the lesson that in times of despair we seek a Priesthood blessing. Yes, that is what I needed. At home, the tears continued to flow like the faucet at the sink where I stood washing dishes.  I heard the garage open and my 23 year old son, who no longer lives at home, walked through the back door. "Can you give me a blessing?" I blurted. "Sure, give me just a minute" he said without any questions.  A minute later he had changed from his jeans and hoodie into a white shirt and tie, prepared to serve as an instrument in the Lord's hands. I briefly explained the cause for my heartache and he laid his hands on my head and gave me a blessing of comfort and counsel.


I have thought about my experiences of the day and rather than focusing on my own troubled heart I was given the opportunity to focus on the strength of my son and the love of My Heavenly Father and His Son.  How grateful I am!





No comments:

Post a Comment

positive comments welcome