Tuesday, December 17, 2013

social work

During the Fall semester, I took an Introduction to Social Work Class through BYU Independent Study.  I took the final exam today! I have thought about returning to school to get my masters degree and decided to explore Social Work. I am grateful I took the Social Work class.  Not only did a learn a great deal about the field of social work, I also learned about many community resources available. I wish every Relief Society President and Bishop could take a brief social work course just so they could be more aware of the resources out there.  BYU's MSW program is a little too intense for me at this stage of my life, so I will put the idea of a masters degree on the shelf for a while. However, my class helped me realize that my undergraduate degree in Family Sciences is not the complete waste I had thought, there are a lot of opportunities for me to be employed in a serving profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment

positive comments welcome