It's Mother's Day and this morning after finding a sweet note from David on our bathroom mirror I decided to pull out all of my old Mother's Day cards. I am going to make it a Mother's Day tradition! I laughed and cried and decided that in spite of all my mistakes I have had some good Mothering moments.
The unfortunate thing about parental mistakes is that we don't always recognize them until years down the road. I feel that one such mistake was not making a bigger deal of Mother's Day. I have always been very vocal with my family that I don't like Mother's Day, and so although Mother's Day is acknowledged in our home it is not celebrated. I have come to realize that in a world full of selfishness, Mother's Day is a celebration of selfless service, although I may be uncomfortable with the holiday it is an opportunity to teach important lessons of love, respect and gratitude.
No comments:
Post a Comment
positive comments welcome