Yesterday was my last day of JTM (Journey to Mastery) at Coldwell Banker. I have been attending for a year and it has been a great experience for me. Each week as part of our training, my Broker would ask us a series of questions, one of them being, "what have you learned?" If I were to answer that question in regards to my experience with JTM, I would have to say: I have learned that I can change!
For the first fifteen years of our marriage, life was always changing. I learned to embrace change because with each change came an opportunity to grow. As we have settled into our home here in Utah I have felt myself stagnating and I had convinced myself that change was impossible without being compelled by some big life changing experience. What I have learned however, is that life, in and of itself, can and should be a changing experience.
"By small and simple things are great things brought to pass" (Alma 37:6) Seemingly small adjustments in the way I think about my life have brought great changes. I am more confident, I have more control over my life, my marriage is better and I have greater hope for the future. I have learned that the great gifts of the Atonement come through Its daily application to the small and simple things of life. I have learned that I do not need to be "compelled" to change, I can choose to change, and "blessed are they who humble themselves without being compelled." (Alma 32:16)
No comments:
Post a Comment
positive comments welcome