Thursday, February 21, 2013
family feud
I had two conversations this week that have caused a great deal of personal contemplation. Both of the women I spoke with were hurting as a result of a son/daughter in-law that does not like their family. As I stand at the threshold of being a mother-in-law myself, I look to the future with apprehension, will my daughter and sons-in-law like me? I also look to the past and realize that I have made some monumental mistakes when it comes to extended family relationships. I don't think anyone would dispute that David and I have had to deal with some challenging extended family circumstances, but my perception, the way I have chosen to think about the situation, has intensified the difficulty of the challenge. The Lord has blessed me over the years with experiences that have helped to alter my perception and soften my heart, but my own pride has made it a very slow process and it is still a daily struggle for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
positive comments welcome