Wednesday, January 30, 2013
temple walks
Winter has been hanging out in our little valley for weeks, it hasn't stopped snowing in two days. Shoveling seems pointless because as soon as you finish you have to start all over again. I figured Temple attendance would be down, so it would be a great day for me to go to the Temple. As I walked in, there were several men shoveling and salting the walk ways, and when I came out the same men were clearing the same walk ways. To some it may seem pointless, but I smiled, knowing that to our Heavenly Father and His Temple servants, caring about the comfort and safety of others is never pointless.
I have been discouraged in my role as a wife and mother and have been feeling as though I can never do enough and that all of my efforts are pointless. But as I stepped carefully down the newly shoveled Temple walk I realized why I do what I do . . . I do it because I care, and maybe that is enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
positive comments welcome