
We are bracing ourselves for the next crashing wave in the surf of opposition. This morning as I was reading Doctrine and Covenants chapter 11, I came across the phrase
"hold your peace." The words were given to Hyrum Smith at a time when he was anxious to speak up and move forward. I too am anxious to speak up and move forward, but feel that the Lord is whispering
"hold your peace." The phrase has a double meaning for me. First, I need to be patient and quiet. One of the lessons I need to learn in life is how to step back and trust my family and the Lord more completely. The second meaning is to hold tight to the things which bring peace. When difficulties arise, it is so easy for me to get caught up in everything I can't control and neglect the things I can control. So while I stand in shifting sand and wait for the slamming tide I will take a deep breath . . . and hold my peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment
positive comments welcome