So I've been thinking about how I want to celebrate my 50th birthday. What I really want is to spend time with family. It seems like an easy wish to grant, but this year my birthday falls on a Sunday. . . and my husband is the Bishop. I've tried to convince myself that it didn't matter if David spent the day with me or not, but the truth is, it does matter to me. On my 50th birthday I want to feel like I am the most important thing on his to-do-list. After a great deal of mental fussing, I finally told David my birthday wish. He responded, "Let's make it happen," and immediately sent out a notification that the Bishop would be out of town. Frankly I was amazed at how easy it was. It made me think of the scriptures that say "Ask and it shall be given you." I wonder if sometimes we deny ourselves blessings simply because we are too afraid to ask for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment
positive comments welcome