Friday, August 14, 2015

sweet dreams

I have trouble sleeping and at times I have wild and disturbing dreams. For quite some time I have been pondering dreams, how they come about, what they mean, if they can be controlled?

Well, last week I went to Deseret Book in search of some study aids for my personal scripture study.  I sat in a chair at the store and just read until closing. That night I slept well, and had a dream that was clear and hopeful. (I've been worried about a situation at work and in my dream the situation resolved and I was not required to take any action. The next morning I got a text from my co-worker and the situation was resolved and ended up working out great.) As I reflected on why my sleep was different two things stood out. 1) I sleep well when I eat well; that day I had focused on clean eating.  2) I didn't watch TV at all that night, I just read scripture based material while sitting at Deseret Book. I can't help but think that avoiding TV and focusing on the things of the Spirit made the difference. So my hypotheses is: Avoiding night time TV and incorporating gospel study into my bedtime routine will help quiet my mind and facilitate more peaceful sleep.

Maybe a change in my bedtime routine will eliminate the mental battle of my morning routine. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

positive comments welcome