I told Emily tonight that I wished she was five so I would have an excuse to stay home from the adult session of Stake Conference. However, after the meeting I was grateful I was able to attend. Elder Keetch said two thing that were important for me to hear. Elder Keetch confessed that the biggest mistakes he has made as a church leader were because he was in a hurry. I recognize that my need to hurry is often the cause of my mistakes and it's important that I slow down and allow for the Lord's timing. Second, he spoke of how Satan works on the outer edges of the good and evil spectrum. On one end is serious sin, but once Satan knows he will have no success on that end of the spectrum he comes around and starts pushing you toward the unrealistic expectation of perfection on the opposite end. Then we become entangled in the traps of judgment, criticism, discouragement and negative thought. Elder Keetch encouraged us to follow the counsel of President Hinckley who often said "just do the best you can."
No comments:
Post a Comment
positive comments welcome