Tuesday, November 11, 2014

10 short of a century

Today is my Dad's 90th Birthday. 

I'm so grateful for my Dad and the life lessons I have learned through his teachings and example.  There are so many things I love about my Dad but one thing I have come to really appreciate is that he is easy to be around. Dad is pleasant!  We celebrated Dad's birthday on Saturday and he took a minute to talk to his family and share some advice. He counseled us to give up on having the last word and promised that if we would our lives would be blessed. I suppose that is one of the secrets to being pleasant, letting go of pride and embracing love.  

Emily has been reading my Dad's history for a report she's doing on the Great Depression. The other night after reading some of his stories she said "Grandpa's pretty cool!" I have to agree, my Dad is pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

positive comments welcome