Friday, August 8, 2014

crimson trail



I was told in a special blessing that from the beauties of nature shall you receive instruction and the richness of life. Logan's Crimson Trail definitely provided instruction and richness. As I climbed the trail, noting that my early morning walks had not prepared me for this hike, my focus was on my heart rate.  We had to race the sun on our descent so I saw only my shoes as I focused on the steep and rocky trail. Only occasionally did I stop for a minute to lift my eyes and see the beautiful canyon scenery.  So often my life is like our hike on the Crimson Trail. I am focused intently on my next step. I am thinking only of personal discomfort and fear, and totally miss all the beauty and magic that surrounds me.   


Psalm 104:24
O Lord, how manifold are they works! In wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.

Someday I am going to hike the Crimson Trail again, this time I am going to focus on the foliage rather than my feet. I will be more prepared and have the time and tools to really enjoy the beauties of nature.  In the meantime, I am grateful for our trip to Logan and my renewed desire to take advantage of the richness of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

positive comments welcome