Sunday, August 25, 2013
facebook diet
I love facebook. I like keeping up on what my kids are doing. I like the ease of communication when trying to coordinate family functions or funeral flowers. I like knowing what's going on in the lives of my neighbors and being able to quickly validate their life experiences. HOWEVER, I have been feeling that facebook has a little too much power in my life. It has become an easy escape from all the things I need to do. At the end of the day I have reviewed a lot of status updates but I find myself living in status quo. I have taken the time to "like" everyone else's life, but have spent very little time on those things that help me like my own life. Turns out my concerns about facebook's negative effect on my life are scientifically valid. I took some time to review a number of studies and found that facebook usage can diminish mental abilities, contribute to low-self esteem and decrease motivation. I don't need that. . . I'm going on a facebook diet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
positive comments welcome