Sunday, January 6, 2013
thoughts from stake conference
This weekend was our Stake Conference. Last night as I sat pondering the messages of the speakers I felt an overwhelming sense of discouragement at the lack of change that occurs among the membership of the church. We attend our meetings, serve in our callings, read our scriptures and in the end we go home and live our lives exactly the same way we did the day before. If nothing else, the gospel should change lives. The gospel should change my life! I should be better tomorrow because of living the gospel today. So my new commitment is to really apply the gospel in my life and document the ways I am changed through Jesus Christ. Coupled with my desire to embrace change in my own life is a desire to encourage others to change as well. So often we allow past experiences and first impressions to keep our brothers and sisters handcuffed to who they were rather then extending a hand of fellowship to the person they wish to become. The good news of the gospel is that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can change, the question is . . . will we?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
positive comments welcome